As an Electrical Designer, your main tasks and responsibilities are:
- Development of concept, initial and detailed electrical design.
- Electrical load balance and analysis.
- Specification, calculation and one-line diagrams of generator and distribution systems.
- Voltage drop calculations.
- Short-circuit and selectivity analysis.
- Electrical and interface design for automation, navigation, communication and auxiliary systems in ships.
- Cooperation and interactions with system suppliers.
- Interaction with class societies and shipowners.
- You hold a degree and, preferably, have experience in designing and specifying complex electrical systems from a ship design background.
- A good command of written and spoken English.
- It is important that you thrive in a dynamic environment where you are constantly faced with new challenges and daily decisions that often involve compromises. Of course, these can never compromise integrity, quality or safety.
- Be proficient in IT and a competent user of MS Office and CAD.
- You must have the right to live and work in the UK.
You will be offered a competitive salary and a company bonus scheme, be on the company pension scheme and have the chance to be part of an expanding business with one of the UK's leading marine electronics and electrical suppliers.
If this sounds like the new career challenge you are looking for, please apply directly by clicking the 'Apply for this job' button. Even if your CV is not up to date, please still apply to be considered.