The successful candidate will provide technical expertise for Dynamic positioning systems, ensuring the on-board equipment meets safety and operational requirements. You will work with OEMs, Vessel Superintendents, and vessel offshore technical teams to ensure projects, dry docks and maintenance of the vessels is completed. You will mainly support with DP, automation, Electrical and electronic systems maintenance and breakdowns, manage DP technical documents, support Superintendents with investigations as well as reporting of DP incidents and trials, amongst various other duties.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience as an Electrical or Marine Engineer or similar role either onshore or offshore
- Hold a degree or HND level qualification (or equivalent) within the Electrical Engineering discipline or as a Marine Engineer
- Good understanding of vessel electrical, electronic and DP systems
- Awareness of Marine Systems and standards
- Excellent communication and ability to work alone or as part of a team
- Strong analytical skills to review technical specifications and drawings etc
- The existing right to live and work in the UK and be based within commuting distance to Aberdeen
You will have the opportunity to work flexibly although you must be prepared to come to the office in Aberdeen at least 3 days per week on average.