Our client can offer sponsorship for work visas for candidates applying from outside of the UK if you meet the minimum experience requirements.
The Orkney Harbour Authority is responsible for the operations of 29 Piers and Harbours, supporting the local community across 13 inhabited islands, welcoming over 230 cruise vessels and more than 350,000 visitors a year.
In the role of Deputy Harbour Master, you will support the Head of Marine Services by acting as operational leader for all Marine Services including Ferry operations, port strategy matters, overall operational safety, management and planning for the VTS, towage, launch boats, berthing, pilotage and Ship to Ship operations (amongst others).
You will have overall responsibility got the VTS Officers, Tug Crews, Launch Crews and Pier staff and ensure all activities are operating within the Safety Management Systems and Port Marine Safety Code, amongst various other duties.
The ideal Candidate will have:-
- Port experience in a similar role or shore based experience in marine operations
- Masters / Chief Mate Unlimited Certificate of Competency
- Deep-sea sea-going experience as a Deck Officer
- Leadership and people management experience desirable
- Financial acumen and ability to manage budgets
- To be based in Scapa on the Orkney Isles