As the Corporate Food and Beverage Manager, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the culinary and dining experiences for the cruise passengers. You will be responsible for overseeing the entire food and beverage operation, ensuring the highest standards of quality, service, and guest satisfaction. Your role will involve collaborating with various departments to create and execute innovative culinary programs and managing a team of professionals dedicated to delivering exceptional dining experiences.
Menu Development: Work closely with executive chefs and culinary teams to design, develop, and curate menus that cater to diverse guest preferences, dietary restrictions, and regional tastes.
Quality Assurance: Maintain strict quality standards for all food and beverage offerings, including ingredients, preparation, presentation, and service.
Cost Management: Monitor and manage the food and beverage budget, controlling costs while maintaining the quality and variety of offerings.
Vendor Relationships: Establish and maintain strong relationships with suppliers and vendors to ensure a consistent supply of high-quality ingredients and beverages.
Regulatory Compliance: Ensure compliance with all food safety, hygiene, and health regulations, and work with relevant authorities to obtain necessary permits and licenses.
Training and Development: Recruit, train, and mentor food and beverage staff, including chefs, servers, bartenders, and sommeliers, to provide exceptional service and meet company standards.
Guest Experience: Collaborate with the guest services department to gather and analyze guest feedback, making necessary improvements to enhance the dining experience.
Culinary Innovation: Stay up-to-date with industry trends and incorporate innovative food and beverage concepts into cruise offerings to attract and retain guests.
Waste Reduction: Implement sustainable practices to reduce food and beverage waste and minimize the environmental impact of operations.
Financial Reporting: Prepare regular reports on financial performance, including revenue, expenses, and profitability, and provide recommendations for improvement.
Collaboration: Work closely with other departments such as marketing, sales, and operations to create and execute promotional campaigns, special events, and dining packages.
What the desired candidate will possess:
- Proven experience in food and beverage management in a shorebased position.
- Strong leadership and team management skills.
- Exceptional knowledge of food and beverage trends, culinary techniques, and industry best practices.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and adapt to changing circumstances.
- Understanding of health and safety regulations and certification in food safety (e.g., ServSafe).
- Budget management and financial analysis skills.
- Creativity and a passion for delivering outstanding guest experiences.
- Competitive salary
- Relocation assistance
- Company employment package