Silverstream Technologies has successfully developed and deployed a market-leading clean marine technology solution over the last ten years - The Silverstream® System. Our Air Lubrication System (ALS) fundamentally changes the interaction between water and a vessel's hull, creating a carpet of microbubbles that coats the flat bottom of a vessel. As a result, frictional resistance is reduced - dramatically improving a vessel's fuel consumption and associated emissions.
In support of our overall business growth, a position has arisen for a Business Administrator with wide ranging accountabilities and the opportunity to develop this new position. The role will report to the Chief Technologist and is intended to provide a broad and interesting scope of engagement with specific focus on supporting the Technical function within the business.
The role will form part of a wider Administration function and, as such, will occasionally be required to provide support across other business functions in periods of absence.
The role is anticipated to develop over time, but the responsibilities that are envisaged include:
- Personally assist the Chief Technologist including travel & diary management and meeting preparation
- General administrative support to Technical Managers
- Co- ordination of Technical Team diaries, scheduling regular team- wide meetings, minute taking & actions follow- up
- Technical Team support including meeting planning, travel arrangements etc.
- Expense claim reviews in accordance with Travel and Expenses Policy
- Information Systems administration (such as SharePoint and Teams sites)
- Document template management to maintain branding and formatting
- Equipment purchasing in support of the function
- Management of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for the Team
Skills, Qualifications, Experience and Characteristics
- Wide- ranging experience as a Team PA or Business Administrator, ideally including experience supporting Senior Management roles
- Strong Office 365 skills including MS Teams
- Previous experience in Information System administration, ideally SharePoint is desirable
- Excellent English language skills
- Dynamic personality, happy to take ownership of tasks
- The highest levels of confidentiality are essential