The ideal candidate will possess a sharp eye for scrutinizing and negotiating contracts, coupled with a strong commercial business acumen. If you're ready to take on the challenge of optimizing commercial assets and navigating the ever-evolving maritime landscape, we want to hear from you!
- Analyse market trends to spot investment and divestment prospects.
- Aid in evaluating these decisions by conducting comprehensive quantitative and qualitative analyses.
- Collaborate with the Strategy & Corporate Development team to pinpoint new opportunities in the shipping sector.
- Support the preparation of Board papers and proposals for recommendations.
- Engage in negotiations for ship Sale & Purchase and Newbuilding contracts.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with counterparties, charterers, and shipbrokers to gather market intelligence and facilitate deals.
- Administer existing contracts and agreements while updating relevant databases.
- Manage routine reports and monitor and update FFA positions as necessary.
- Contribute to ad-hoc projects and the ongoing improvement of departmental procedures.
- Play an active role in enhancing the quality management system and departmental workflow processes.
- Process accurate invoices through IMOS for Dry Cargo.
- Communicate with external parties regarding operational and technical matters concerning the Dry Cargo fleet.
- Actively engage in refining Asset Management procedures, ensuring alignment between practice and documentation in the Quality Management System (QMS).
- Bachelor's degree in BA, Finance, Economics, Legal, or Shipping/Maritime.
- Ideally, 1-3 years of experience in the maritime industry.
- Consideration for Entry-level candidates with relevant internship or training exposure.
- Proficiency in quantitative skills and Financial Modeling.
- Demonstrated capability in reviewing and negotiating contracts and agreements.
- Ability to synthesize and present information crucial for decision-making.
- Proficient in working precisely and accurately under time constraints.
- Strong collaboration and teamwork abilities.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools, particularly Excel and PowerPoint.