This is an office-based role, and you MUST have the right to live and work in the USA, only US Nationals/Green card holders can apply.
The Yacht Crew Operations role is an exciting role within the Compliance team reporting to the Head of Yacht Management.
The purpose is to ensure a designated fleet of managed yachts meets the regulatory requirements and is appropriately certified.
- Enforce regulatory requirements on designated fleet of yachts
- Complete vessel audits and provide audit support including planning and follow up.
- Testing of Ship Security Alert System across portfolio of yachts
- Undertake yacht visits as required including training & familiarization
- Liaise with insurance providers when applicable and company Insurance Manager for insurance renewals, claims and review of insurance policies
- Liaising with the Yacht Management team to ensure maritime compliance procedures are followed and deliverables are met.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of relevant Flag state, Class & statutory regulations
- Follow up on maritime compliance related findings
- Maintain valid and correct certification, documentation, plans and manuals that are applicable and appropriate to each yacht
- Assist with maritime compliance team training and development
- Support Client Managers with delegated tasks
- Assist in compiling operational summaries
- Flag and escalate yacht compliance issues
- Assist in training the Yacht Compliance Team
- Manage Crew, Supplier, and team relationships
- Maintain relationships with key industry bodies including Flag and Class
- Member of Emergency Response Team
- Minimum of 3 years' relevant experience
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multitask
- A high degree of computer literacy
- Fluency in English both written and spoken at a high professional level
- Ability to prioritize and complete time sensitive tasks
- A high degree of attention to detail, capable of checking/ recording information accurately
- Self-motivated, able to solve problems and manage their own time
- Absolute discretion and confidentiality
- Experience working on yachts, in a Yacht Management Company or the Maritime Industry.
Gross per month salary on offer is $3,750 - $6,000 D.O.E.
Candidates must have the existing legal status to live and work in the USA.
No sponsorship will be offered as part of this position.
To find out more please apply online or email your CV to Vanessa.Haddacks@faststream.com.