This role will operate under an offshore engineering company who are working with one of the UK and Ireland’s leading renewables companies. This role will be part of the developer’s project team developing a multi‐billion‐pound offshore wind development and construction project. As a key member of the Wind Turbine Generator (WTG) Package team, the successful candidate will report to the WTG Package Manager and work closely with the Procurement and Commercial Manager, Lead Installation Engineer, the wider package team and commissioning team to ensure delivery of a successful project.
Due to the nature and duration of the project, this is likely to be a 3yr fixed-term contract but could be extended down the line. The location preference is Glasgow but they are open to seeing profiles from elsewhere if the candidate is open to travel.
The WTG Installation Manager shall manage WTG Contractor load-out, transportation and installation activities, as defined within the key accountabilities of this role. The role will also involve management of the charter agreement for the WTG installation vessel.
The successful candidate will have the proven skills necessary to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure that all WTG installation activities safely executed and in accordance with contract requirements. They will report to the WTG Package Manager on the status of WTG pre-assembly, load-out, transportation and installation activities
Responsibilities will include:
- Management of WTG Contractor pre-assembly, load-out, transportation and installation operations
- Management of WTG Installation Vessel Charter Agreement
- Support safety management of Tier 1 Contractors
- Coordination of HAZIDs, HAZOPs and safety workshops
- Pro-active Risk Management
- Management of T&I Engineers for WTG load-out, transportation and installation
- Manage the marshalling harbour Employer Representatives for load-out preparation and pre-construction activities.
- Support the engineering team in ensuring Marine Warranty Surveyor requirements are met
- Coordination of vessel audits and fabrication surveillance
- Management of Employer Representatives on the installation vessel
- Management of interface with the WTG Commissioning Manager
- They are looking for someone who has offshore wind turbine installation experience.
- Knowledge of the full project life cycle stage / gate principles of project delivery.
- HND or degree qualified in an engineering or construction discipline.
- Demonstrable experience and understanding of managing offshore WTG load-out, transportation and installation operations.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of UK Construction Design Management regulations.
- Experience of construction contract management.
- Experience of working collaboratively and good communication skills to build and maintain effective relationships with multiple stakeholders, employers and contractors
- Demonstrable understanding of Project documentation arrangements, including Contractor documentation deliverables.
- Strong organisational skills, ability to prioritise to meet deadlines.
- Strong ethos relating to Health Safety and Wellbeing and an understanding of the standards.
- Willingness to travel offsite as project / program needs determine.