The role will be responsible for supporting the delivery of Transport & Installation (T&I) marine development activities required under the Large Capital Projects Governance Framework on a multi-£billion Offshore Wind Project and for the coordination and delivery of all T&I marine activities during construction.
The role will require working effectively in a multi-discipline project engineering team across the project packages, providing transport and Installation engineering support to the Design Authority to ensure that the project technology choice and design solution will deliver against stated project objectives and returns.
- Support the interface with Manufacturers, Marine Warranty Surveyor (MWS), vessel supplier designer and T&I contractors on projects
- Development and assessment of substructures, topsides, cables & WTGs loadout design, including the assessment and evaluation of port and harbour facilities
- Design development of offshore installation activities – rigging design, lifting tools working, installation, grillage and Sea Fastening review, contractor documentation review, participation in risk assessments, collaboratively with specialist contractors and designers
- Production of sea keeping assessments for marine logistics and transportation – including Component delivery, Installation Vessels and Heavy Transport Vessels
- Production of vessel supply requirements ensuring time optimisation and safety are maintained
- Support the delivery of T&I engineering requirements under the Large Capital Projects Governance Framework
- Highlight key T&I project risks and support the mitigation of these risks
- Support resolution of T&I design issues within the project
- Support the technical assessment and evaluation of contractor proposals
- T&I engineer input to engineering value assessments to ensure optimised and cost competitive design
- Support offshore installation campaign planning, considering weather forecast, fabricator delays etc.
- Provide site and offshore support during pre-assembly, loadout, transport and construction
- Provide T&I input to innovations and technology development projects
- Ability to influence staff effectively, both within the project design development team and through an engineering matrix management structure, to ensure delivery of T&I activities against project requirements and timescales
- Present key T&I considerations in a non-technical context to ensure risks and opportunities are adequately understood and considered by key Stakeholders
- Naval Architect/Civil Engineer/Mechanical Engineer with offshore wind, marine engineering, Transport and Installation or Offshore Construction experience
- Chartered Engineer (or working towards)
- Experienced in the design development and construction of high value asset projects
- Knowledge and experience of relevant legislation and industry good practice
- High organisation capabilities to deliver quality work to the agreed timescales
- Capable of understanding the commercial context and implications of engineering activities and decisions
- Supporting the management of design consultancies, specialist suppliers and experience of offshore T&I contractors