As a Support Desk Engineer your main tasks and responsibilities:
- Providing technical support to customers
- Monitor the support desk workload and ensure a prompt reply to all questions raised by customers
- Provide structured fault analysis to customers to resolve their issue
- Maintain knowledge at appropriate level for marine VSAT, TVRO and L-band products
- Develop understanding of commonly used equipment such as modems, routers, and various distribution equipment
- Ensure corporate case management system is completed accurately and in real time
- Ensure any technical concerns are escalated appropriately via escalation scoring process and management is kept informed as necessary
- Excellent verbal and written English communications skills.
- Experienced in communicating with technical and non-technical staff and support management professionals
- Knowledgeable and demonstrated interest in communication, electronics, and information technologies
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Willing to travel outside normal place of business
- Electromechanical, RF education or equivalent experience and training essential.
- A practical ability to use hand tools essential.
- Knowledge of test equipment such as Spectrum Analyzers, Multimeters, Oscilloscopes essential.
- Full driving license required.