At one of the world’s leading registers of ships and super yachts, you will have the exposure of working with a vast range of vessel types, whilst providing the very best in service to its valued clients.
As Senior Surveyor, you will undertake audits, surveys and inspections with a view to ensuring and maintaining the highest structural, operational and equipment standards.
What are we looking for?
- Relevant degree or certificate of competence
- Experience in a technical position within a Maritime Administration (Flag State) or Classification Society Surveyor (preferable).
- A high level of knowledge of the work of a Maritime Administration and fully up to date with current conventions, shipboard practice and survey requirements.
- Ability to review international requirements and understand their application locally and the wider issues surrounding their adoption in Manx legislation.
- The ability to effectively influence, negotiate and persuade at all levels both internally within Government and with an international portfolio of clients; well-developed presentation skills.
- Good analytical skills with an ability to understand com plex issues and to explain them clearly.
- Technical and practical knowledge of new ship construction, equipment, ship types and designs coupled with practical knowledge and experience on new and emerging technologies.
- Ability to work accurately and with attention to detail and run with different projects concurrently and work unsupervised to deliver agreed objectives.
What's in it for you?
- Competitive salary and annual leave entitlement including a favourable income tax regime and a national insurance holiday for the first year (worth up to £4000)
- Comprehensive relocation package/support
- Career progression opportunities and learning and development facilities
- Exceptional quality of life and genuine work-life balance
- FINAL SALARY PENSION - defined benefit