You will co-ordinate and manage a variety of internal stakeholders and external project sub-contractors to ensure effective utilisation of resources, enabling project requirements to be achieved.
- To co-ordinate and develop project and vessel specific technical documentation (budgets, procedures, methodologies etc.), ensuring each operation of a particular project has been carefully planned, documented and is compliant with Company QHSE Policies.
- To co-ordinate the development of project procurement including the preparation of provisioning/sub-contracting scopes of work, acting both as a Client and Contractor, and evaluate sub-contractor’s proposals on a technical and commercial basis ensuring cost effective and technically compliant solutions are progressed.
- To liaise with the Offshore Installation Manager and Vessel Master to ensure that all operational procedures and requirements are prepared, communicated and observed in order to successfully carry out its required scope of operations.
- Provide onsite/offshore engineering to support the Offshore Installation Manager as required. Ensuring projects are delivered in a sound and safe manner. This will involve the co-ordination of and delivery of project HIRAs.
- Checking and approving of drawings and operational storyboards from review to construction, up to as-built revisions.
- Review and assess Route Position Lists and survey data, ensuring installation risks and challenges are captured and mitigations implemented.
- Prepare and use quality documentation such as FAT plans and ITPs as required.
- Carry out detailed Project Risk reviews, ensuring that risks are mitigated as far as reasonably practicable and provide updates to the Project Manager for maintenance of the project risk register.
- To conduct operations with an awareness of project contractual and commercial implications. To monitor costs where appropriate and to have responsibility for expended gear returns.
- Ensure operations undertaken comply with their environmental and Health and Safety policy and ensure that all practical measures are taken to protect the environment, prevent pollution and conduct operations in safe and recognised methods.
- To oversee the mobilisation of vessels ensuring each vessel is fully equipped with required project equipment and procedures to ensure maximum efficiency and readiness.
Certification & Training-
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Packages, MS Project, Word, Excel, AutoCAD.
- 5+ years experience in offshore vessel based work with a background vessel operations and subsea installation engineering.
- Experience in International project work
- Cable Lay/Subsea Construction experience
- Telecommunications installation experience
- Cable repair experience
- Willing to travel both nationally and internationally
- Willing to work offshore on an occasional basis
- Well versed in work package breakdown, scheduling and technical project management.
- Qualification – Engineering Degree or equivalent (preferred)
- Ability to use AutoCAD
- Offshore Survival & Medical
- Full UK Driving License