My client is a service provider to the local and international renewables and oil & gas sectors specialising in the engineering, design, procurement, installation, and maintenance of mooring systems for floating platforms.
Due to continued growth, they seek an experienced Senior Naval Architect to join the team on a full time, permanent basis.
Responsible for the planning and delivery of engineering technical activities whilst carrying out all detailed engineering work, including Mooring Analysis, Offshore Installation Analysis, Weld Strength Calculations, Seafastening Calculations, Structural Design and Analysis.
- Planning and delivery of engineering technical activities, preparing quotations, whilst consulting with clients regarding work specifications.
- Liaise with clients daily whilst liaising closely with the Engineering Manager ensuring they remain updated of all projects and activities.
- Providing technical guidance, preparing proposals, and managing projects related to engineering design and analysis as required.
- Ensuring compliance and alignment to all company procedures, industrial standards, and specific client requirements.
- Acting as a Project Manager, attending project meetings, carrying out project progress reports and liaising with clients and contractors as required.
- Write accurate and concise reports which review, analyse and trends as required.
- Support other team members, provide internal training to the engineering team as necessary.
- Responsible for undertaking mooring analysis, riser analysis and other offshore dynamic analysis in Gmoor/Orcaflex whilst remaining the ‘go-to’ expert in mooring, quayside mooring, riser and offshore installation analysis.
- Provide expertise on technical issues to ensure maximum possible conversion ratio from quotes to orders.
- Provide support to tendering and business development activities as necessary.
- Undertake offshore visits if required.
- Degree (2.1) in Naval Architecture, Structure Engineering or other engineering related.
- Strong knowledge and experience in mooring design and analysis, understanding offshore structure designs and seafastening calculations.
- Significant experience in Gmoor and Orcaflex.
- Previous experience within a Project Management environment.
- Chartered Engineer or working towards CEng.
- Experience in one or more programming language: Python, Matlab…
- Offshore Medical and survival certification.
- Optimoor/SolidWorks/Ansys/Inventor Experience