Faststream are working with a marine, offshore and engineering consultancy in their search for a Senior Naval Architect.
The purpose of this position is to undertake project based analysis and reporting, proposal writing and costing, group marketing, technical development in accordance with the quality management system, assistance in essential software up-keep and development.
Duties and Responsibilities-
- To undertake and manage projects for the purposes of analysing and evaluating:
- floating structure motions
- steel structures
- dynamic positioning
- dynamic and statistical simulation
- To write comprehensive and detailed reports for projects, in a timely manner using technical calculations.
- To assist in the improvement and up-keep of essential software such as pre and post-processors.
- To prepare detailed proposals for new work including costing.
- Attend training courses, seminars etc, to develop technical capability.
- Mentor junior/graduate engineers.
- MEng / MSc in relevant degree subject or Bachelor degree with equivalent experience
- Working towards CEng
- 5+yrs of experience in design, construction or verification of marine structures and marine operations, or other relevant consultancy activity
- Working ability in a range of engineering analysis tools
- Basic ability in project accounting tools
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills.
- SESAM (incl. GeniE, Hydro D, etc)
- Coding (Python, C#, Matlab, VBA etc)
- Equivalent experience with AQWA, WAMIT, Hydrostar considered