They are seeking a Senior Electrical Engineer with experience of innovative marine energy projects. They will be responsible for the design and delivery of the electrical and control elements of their Wave technology. The successful candidate should have experience of the technical and commercial issues related to connecting new generators to the grid.
The successful candidate will be UK based, preferably in Wales or the south west. They will be able to work from home but should be prepared to travel regularly to meet other members of the team or the supply chain. The candidate will report directly to the Chief Operations Officer.
- Act as the lead engineer with regards to the design of electrical elements of the Wave device. In particular, this role will be responsible for developing the Power Take Off (PTO) system.
- Act as the lead engineer with regards to the design of instrumentation and control elements of the device.
- Lead all testing of the electrical and control systems.
- Collaborating with and influencing suppliers to ensure that they implement quality control systems that meet our exacting requirements.
- Develop and implement a quality plan to ensure that the electrical elements of the machine meet the specified requirements.
- Negotiate and manage commercial terms with suppliers of electrical elements.
- Managing contracts to deliver the electrical elements on time, to budget and in accordance with the high quality standards required.
- Manage the interfaces between the electrical aspects of the machine and the remainder of the project.
- Lead the design of electrical infrastructure required to connect to the grid.
- Take a leading role in discussions with grid regulators and operators.
- Degree in Electrical or Control Engineering or similar.
- Membership / Chartered status.
- Extensive experience with the design and build of LV / HV systems and control systems.
- Good experience of design and manufacturing for marine applications.
- Good experience of assembling and testing machines.
- Evidence of significant contract management experience required.
- Experience of connecting new generators to the grid.
- Experience at designing and implementing quality control systems for manufacturing processes.
- Highly conversant with Microsoft Office applications, preferably Office 365.
- Full and Current EU Drivers Licence
- Medically and physically fit to offshore standards
- Good communication skills. Good spoken and written English.
- Able to work as part of a team and organise own workload to meet deadlines.
- Excellent understanding of UK HSE law and industry best practice.
- Excellent practical understanding of system testing.
- Excellent understanding of the issues related to operating machinery in a subsea environment.
- Excellent leadership ability and good negotiating and influencing skills.
- Good analytical, communication, organisational and QA/QC skills.
- Ability to work proactively and take guidance where necessary.
- Good stakeholder engagement
This role brings the opportunity to join a growing company whose wave farms can be deployed in coastal locations throughout the world and offers the candidate involvement in creating renewable energy solutions with a positive impact on our environment and community.