The Safety Engineer will be responsible for ensuring that the Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) aspects of the design within the project scope are maintained to the relevant acceptable standards and comply with applicable legislation. In addition, execute and monitor Safety Engineering activities which typically will entail:
- Ensure company standards and processes are followed across the technical safety and loss prevention activities and deliverables on this project.
- Delivering the activities and deliverables allocated to the location in accordance with the project schedule and Master document register.
- Gathering & compiling process safety and environmental information.
- Providing input to the preparation of a Safety Engineering Plan and Basis of Design
- Participation in and input to the various Hazard Studies
- Undertaking Technical Safety Reviews such as Human factors, Hazardous Area Classification, Inherent Safety, Alarm Prioritisation, etc.
- Highlight to line manager where any additional Technical Safety reviews are necessary because of scope change, design development, etc.
- Ensure that all required Technical Safety Reviews are completed in line with project schedule.
- At the end of each project phase, ensure that all lists, files reports, etc. are filed correctly, ready for input to the next project phase.
- To support the Lead Safety Engineer, project management and engineering disciplines with design HSE concerns and queries.
- To support Client requests for discrete Technical Safety activities, e.g., Hazop Scribe.
Must have right to work in the UK.