As Project Manager you will enjoy a varied role. Key responsibilities of the role include managing projects and refits, monitoring the yachts certification, budgeting, ensuring that vessels adhere to class and flag requirements and planning Dry Dockings. It will be your responsibility to ensure that work is completed on time, within budget and kept to company standards. You will also enjoy regular travel to the yachts to conduct audits, inspections and visits.
This position is based in Newcastle, UK and is not offered as a hybrid role. When you are not attending business on a project you will be expected to be working in the office in Newcastle. There will be a substantial amount of European travel required in this role which will be funded by the company.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Dry Dock/Shipyard or Project Management experience
- Experience working on refits or new builds
- Strong knowledge of ISM
- Up to date maritime legislation knowledge
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Good attention to detail
- Strong work ethic, responsive and proactive
- Willingness and ability to travel regularly
- Fluent English language skills (written and spoken) and Computer Literacy
- Sailed as Engineer on-board Superyachts, Cruise or Commercial Vessels
- Marine Engineering ( Class 1 ) unlimited
- Project Management experience in the Superyacht sector
- Naval Architecture Degree
Candidates must have the existing right to live and work in the UK. No sponsorship will be offered as part of this position.
If you have not been contacted within 10 days of making your application, please understand that you have not been successful and we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.