The role has a requirement to represent the project team onshore and offshore, both nationally and internationally. The Client has various offices around the UK including, Chelmsford, Portland and Newcastle, which offer flexibility working locations.
- Devise and prepare safe, efficient and fit for purpose technical documentation, including schedules, procedures and calculations for the project and offshore operations.
- Ability to assess complex situations and identify information to support actions, recommendations and conclusions.
- Develop and co-ordinate the production of technical drawings and storyboards from review to construction and up to as-built revisions.
- Identify all risks associated with the allocated work scopes. Ensure that they are mitigated as far as reasonably practicable and provide updates to the Project Manager for maintenance of the project risk register.
- Ability to think innovatively and participate in Engineering workshops.
- Represent the Project Team on-site/offshore as necessary.
- Bring innovative concepts and ideas to improve project delivery performance across the group.
- Prepare sub-contracting scopes of work, acting both as a client and contractor, and evaluate proposals from the sub-contractors.
- Work with external partners and internal stakeholders to seek input, brainstorm and develop fit for purpose solutions to solve technical challenges.
- Support ad hoc requests from Project Management and Commercial teams across the group.
- Prepare and use quality documentation such as FAT plans and ITPs as required.
- Oversee the mobilisation of modular equipment onto vessels as required and based on Project requirements, liaising with other departments to achieve a common goal
- Develop and monitor the procurement of project equipment with support from the company procurement department.
- Prepare and review the compilation of As-Built dossiers.
- +3 Years’ experience in engineering submarine cable installation projects
- Bachelor or Master’s Engineering Degree (or equivalent)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Well versed in standard offshore Rules & Regulations
- Experience in International project work
- Willingness to travel both nationally and internationally and spend time offshore
- Cable Lay/Umbilical Lay/Subsea Construction
- Submarine Telecommunications experience
- Ability to use AutoCAD