Faststream are working with a marine, offshore and engineering consultancy in their search for a Project Engineer
They shall assist the Marine Operations Manager / Technical Lead to problem solve, develop detailed procedures / task plans. Liaising closely with clients to ensure that their expectations are met. The work will be carried out in a professional manner. They shall perform the work in accordance with oral or written instructions from the Project Manager and make full use of the best advice and expertise of his colleagues.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in relevant projects
- Manage minor projects in department if relevant
- Provide technical advice to members of the team and internal and external clients
- Assist in prepare proposals for new work
- Prepare and give presentations on project issues.
- Keep team members informed on Project progress and developments.
- Write procedures, task plans
- Assist in the readiness for offshore execution including integration with company Asset plan, manpower and material requirements.
- Attending vessels during mobilization and demobilisation
- Prepare and issue MOCs
- Prepare for- and, as required, attend SJA
- Ensure that Lessons Learned are being captured
- Contribute to good communication/cooperation with Management and key individuals within the organization.
- Participate in design verifications, LOPA, HAZID and HAZOP meetings.
- MEng / MSC in relevant degree subject or equivalent training
- Advanced user of software within his/her area of expertise
- On site Project Engineer experience
- Knowledge of Classification regulations and industry standards
- Communicates well both in written and oral English
- Able to work independently and in a team and promotes team working at a project level
- Communicates effectively and professionally with internal and external stakeholders
- Efficiently differentiates critical engineering paths to solve complex problems
- Uses a knowledge of team objectives and is self-motivated to deliver on individual and team objectives
- Ability to work without supervision
- Focus on getting it ‘right first time’ and ensuring the most robust of installations in order to reduce unnecessary after-care activity
- Ability to build rapport and relationships with customers, colleagues and partners –
- This role demands a flexible approach to working hours and periods away from home both onshore and offshore.
- International travel is expected as part of this role for client meetings, Project Engineering on project vessels or offshore installation.