My client is an innovative renewable technology company, they are seeking experienced Project Engineers to support them in managing work packages associated with the design and build of their floating offshore renewable energy devices.
Working closely with the in-house team and external contractors, the Project Engineer will initially assist the Megawatt Scale Commercial Demonstrator Project Manager and lead engineers in procurement tasks, as well as overseeing the manufacture and supply of specific work packages through all delivery phases for the project in BiMEP, Spain. These candidates will work from the main office in Swansea, on sites and remotely under a hybrid agreement.
They will be responsible for:
- Managing the time, costs, quality, scope, specifications, risks, opportunities, interfaces, safety and resources for specific work packages during the delivery phases of projects.
- Providing general project management and project engineering support to the business and its stakeholders.
- Liaising with other departments and contractors to ensure appropriate standards of health, safety, environment and quality performance are in-built to the contract and achieved throughout the contract execution phase.
- Managing day-to-day activities associated with procurement and contract management processes, including preparing tender documentation, evaluating tender proposals and coordinating the review of terms and conditions.
- Participating in the drafting and negotiating of contracts associated with specific work packages; administering the contracts and developing sound long term relationships with suppliers and contractors.
- Managing contractor performance and coordinating internal and external resources needed during the delivery phases, including work package design, fabrication, manufacturing and assembly activities.
- Supporting the operation and maintenance team through analysis and negotiation of service agreements, including warranty and production statistics.
- Reviewing and preparing the documentation related to fabrication, manufacturing and assembly activities, including final documentation and as built information for the basis of construction and operations activities.
- Preparing work package plans; identifying risks and opportunities, monitoring progress and controlling changes to time, costs and quality, and providing timely reports.
- Project background with an engineering degree in mechanical, structural, naval architecture, electrical, instrumentation/control or equivalent professional qualifications / experience.
- Track record in successfully managing the safe delivery of similar or relatable technical projects / work packages.
- Experience working with design codes and other standards and regulations like CDM.
- Experience in successful supplier and contractor procurement and contract management.
- Good understanding of product design and development processes as well as project delivery processes.
- Ability to travel for short / medium term (UK and overseas) e.g. to offices, factories, dockyards and offshore.
- Willingness to work flexibly and outside of normal working hours to satisfy the requirements of the role.
- IT literate with proficiency in MS Office systems including MS Project and CAD software.
- Valid UK Driving Licence.
- A genuine interest and passion for addressing the challenges of energy generation at sea.
- Experience in managing offshore wind work packages and/or projects (fixed or floating) .
- Experience in offshore renewable energy technology delivery (wind / wave / tidal etc).
- Recognised professional project management qualifications (PRINCE2 etc).
- Chartership with a recognised institution.