Faststream Recruitment have exclusively partnered with a specialist FPSO integrity and repair company in their search for a Principal Naval Architect. They provide structural integrity management, on-station repair, naval architectural, and equipment solutions. Their approach is to bring innovation to everything they do, whether that be integrity management or marine warranty surveying services.
As part of continued growth of the business in both core and new areas, they are looking to recruit an enthusiastic degree qualified Principal Naval Architect.
They are looking for enthusiastic, self-motivated, and practically minded candidates, with an inquisitive mind for understanding and solving engineering challenges.
As part of the team you will be involved in the following:
- Managing clients and their assets.
- Supporting the team, mentoring and developing individuals while leading teams.
- Supporting commercial proposals and discussions.
- Representing the company at industry events / presentations.
- Supporting the development direction of their software development products / activities
- Structural integrity management of FPSO structures, including-
- Developing and applying risk-based integrity management strategies to a wide range of structures.
- Developing structural inspection scopes, including “hotspot” identification using their fully digitised processes
- Structural integrity management for a wide range of units.
- Technical studies and report writing – e.g. life extension studies etc.
- Onsite inspection of FPSOs in operation (UKCS + overseas)
- Dealing with Classification Societies / Regulators on behalf of Clients / Operators
- Naval Architecture & Marine Consultancy-
- Marine Warranty Surveying (MWS) services
- Stability assessments & consultancy
- Structural design and independent review
- Marine operational procedures and 3rd party review
The job will require onsite visits to site and offshore to undertake inspection activities in physically demanding conditions. You will be fit and posses or be able to undertake a UKOOA offshore medical and offshore survival training (BOSIET).
- Degree qualified (Naval Architecture)
- Chartered Engineer (or eligible)
- Experience of working in the Offshore Oil & Gas environment preferable
- Previous experience in the following areas would be advantageous-
- Newbuilding or repair yards (tankers/FPSO’s)
- In depth knowledge of Classification Society Rules, IACS Guidelines and IMO Regulations
- Marine Warranty Surveying (MWS)
- Naval architecture and marine consultancy