The Ship Handling Instructor role will have a particular focus on Crew Resource Management, current and emerging technologies and procedures achieved by training and simulations. In order to achieve and maintain the agreed maritime standards, the role of the Ship Handling Instructor is to expand their skill set to suit the training needs of the organisation. This role focuses on training provided to cruise ship officers.
- Delivering training to ship-board Nautical/Deck staff
- Delivers the course according to the course delivery process
- Developing courses/new procedures to be implemented on board ships
- Keeping up to date with current practices and technology
- Participating in Simulation Studies
- Experience should be or have been in the role of Captain, Staff-Captain, or a Pilot with extensive experience as a Ship Handler and podded propulsion a distinct advantage.
- Must have Cruise Ship experience to considered for the role.
- Experience in teaching/instructing would be an asset.
- Basic knowledge of computers & networks
- Proficient in MS Office
- Fluent written and verbal English language
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills
- Works well in a multi-cultural team
- Ability to work unassisted