They are expanding their team due to a major upcoming project where they will deploy their first full scale Wave device into the waters off Pembrokeshire.
They are seeking a Membrane Engineer with extensive experience in the development and manufacturing of large elastomeric products. This role will be vital to the successful development of the company’s wave energy technology. The successful candidate will be UK based, preferably in Wales or the south west. They will be able to work from home but should be prepared to travel regularly to meet other members of the team or the supply chain. They will be responsible for supporting the membrane development programme which will produce the next generation membrane.
Because the membrane is central to their Wave technology, this role has the potential to grow with the company, offering an excellent career opportunity. The candidate will report directly to the Chief Operations Officer.
- Responsible for the design of the membrane, including the material selection, structural design and manufacturing process
- Responsible for designing a development programme that incorporates testing to verify all design decisions.
- Develop and implement a quality plan to ensure that the membrane is delivered in accordance with the specification.
- Liaise with the supply chain to ensure the membrane programme makes best use of the latest materials, manufacturing processes and that the company builds a strong and flexible network of suppliers around this product.
- Collate, process, and make judgement on results from any membrane testing – including the observations from the full-scale testing.
- Masters degree in material science and engineering, chemical engineering, or polymer engineering.
- Membership / Chartered status.
- At least 8 years of experience of designing elastomer products, elastomer compounds and testing.
- Experience with using FEA tools in elastomer product design.
- Significant experience of manufacturing large elastomer products and familiarity with the different methods of elastomer manufacture.
- An excellent network within the elastomer industry.
- Significant experience of project management.
- Experience at designing and implementing quality control systems for manufacturing processes.
- Highly conversant with Microsoft Office applications, preferably Office 365.
- Full and Current EU Drivers Licence
- Good communication skills. Good spoken and written English.
- Able to work as part of a team and organise own workload to meet deadlines.
- Excellent understanding of UK HSE law and industry best practice.
- Excellent practical understanding of manufacturing processes.
- Very hands-on and creative thinker.
- Good analytical, communication, organisational and QA/QC skills.
- Ability to work independently, proactively and take guidance where necessary.
This role brings the opportunity to join a growing company whose wave farms can be deployed in coastal locations throughout the world and offers the candidate involvement in creating renewable energy solutions with a positive impact on our environment and community.