Location - Hamburg, Germany - OFFICE BASED ROLE
Salary - €80,000 - €85,000 GROSS PER YEAR + Relocation Support if outside of Germany.
- Provides marine support to the Master for the effective fulfillment of the voyage.
- Assisting with identifying potential discrepancies from operational standards and proposes solutions for effective operation of the navigational and operational aspects of the assigned vessels.
- Monitors that all assigned vessels possess the required statutory certification for safe operation in accordance with Class, Port State Control and Flag State requirements, maritime legislation, safety regulations and operational standards of both BSCS and vessels owners
- Oversees and monitors the overall safety, security, nautical and operational aspects of the assigned ships. Ensures the timely and accurate completion of voyage planning, in order to support the operational effectiveness of ships.. Identifies elevated risk conditions and circumstances and provides support and guidance to Technical Superintendents and Masters to adequately mitigate such risks. This includes ship security risks.
- Executes vessel’s inspections for effective operations and as prescribed by Company SMS and International regulations. Includes responses to internal and third party audits and inspections including PSC. Reviews of SMS safety related documentation.
- In liaison with LPSQ and crewing, provides support to sea staff with alignment of marine requirements, guidance on human factors, standards and policies contributing towards safety and environmental protection, and enhancement of company’s image.
- Monitors and assesses the navigation, communication, safety and other nautical equipment needs of each vessel in cooperation with Technical Superintendent.
- Creates internal and client specific reports on issues identified and solutions implemented on the assigned vessels.
- Assist with insurance related matters.
- Provides feedback on appraisals created onboard and prepares appraisals of sea staff during sailing visits. Conducts interviews and briefings as required for senior ship staff.
- Initiates and monitors the communication with the port agencies and port facility services, the booking of the berth and the payments of the PDA / FDA.
B.S. degree in Nautical Science or equivalent or
Master Mariner’s qualification
At least 3 years of sailing experience as Senior Officer or
1-2 years’ experience as trainee/ assistant or marine Superintendent within a ship management/owning company
Preferably experience on cruise vessels.
Please note only candidates in the EU can be considered for this role.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.