Faststream are working with an innovative offshore renewable technology company who are seeking an experienced Electrical and Control Engineer to join their offshore renewable energy device development team. The successful candidate for this role will lead electrical, control and instrumentation coordination with all subsystems and subcontractors to ensure a successfully integrated power generation, control and instrumentation system. Working with the design and development team and external contractors, the successful candidate will be responsible for managing several distinct work packages related to the development, supply, and commissioning of the E,C&I systems.
The role is multi-disciplined and will involve project and contract management, technical liaison, electrical engineering, design for construction/O&M.
- Project management of the development and delivery of the electrical and control systems for the devices, prototype and commercial scale.
- Assessment of designs and systems to meet performance functional, commercial and user requirements.
- Supporting the electrical, control and instrumentation systems manufacture, commissioning and testing, working with and supervising experienced subcontractors. Likely to involve attending onshore/offshore trials, acceptance checks, commissioning and testing.
- Technical liaison with engineering consultants, contractors and suppliers of equipment.
- Preparation of requirements based on the relevant design codes, standards and legislation.
- Preparation of technical, project and quality documentation including specifications, commissioning plans, QC plans.
- Supporting the development of procedures and tools to control electrical system development (software revision control and change process for example).
- Technical input to risk and cost analysis processes.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or relevant electrical and control related discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience and good track record in electrical and control systems development.
- High level of knowledge of SCADA.
- Knowledge of appropriate software for electrical system design (e.g., Autodesk Electrical Tools or similar).
- Experience in project management.
- Experience in managing electrical and control system suppliers.
- A genuine interest and passion for addressing the challenges of energy generation at sea.
- Proficient in English, both spoken and written.
- The successful candidate must, by the commencement of employment, have the right to work in the UK.
- Valid Driving License.
- Experience working in offshore renewable technologies.
- Knowledge of commercial control hardware and software environments (for example B&R systems).
- Knowledge of packaged electrical and control equipment for marine environments.