This is an exciting new opportunity for an ambitious individual, you may have worked at sea, or worked previously as a PA or even worked for a Yacht Management Company. You will join a team of seven and report to the ISM Manager and Director. My client is looking for an immediate start - so please do be quick with your application if you feel this is the right opportunity for you.
The Junior Yacht Manager / Yacht Management Assistant is responsible to provide administrative support to the full Yacht Management Department and assist all areas from Yacht Management, Safety & Technical Managers, Yacht Accountants, Crewing & Certification Managers in their daily duties. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to travel occasionally to some of the vessels and to attend and work at International Boat Shows.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience working at sea either cruise or yachts in the Deck Department or as a Purser or Stewardess.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multitask and prioritise work
- A high degree of computer literacy, specifically with MS Office - to intermediate level
- Ability to work independently and take initiative where necessary
- An excellent communicator at all levels with strong relationship building skills
- A high degree of attention to detail, capable of checking/ recording information accurately
- Self-motivated, able to solve problems and manage their own time
- Absolute discretion and confidentiality
- A high degree of written and spoken English
- Stong work ethic and an engaging personality
- Experience working for a Yacht Management or Shipping Company
- Experience in a PA or admin role
- Seagoing experience in any capacity
- Basic knowledge of marine legislation / ISM
- Any additional European languages
The salary on offer is between £25,000 - £30,000 D.O.E.
ISM / MLC Training will be provided for the successful candidate should it be required to assist in your continued development after successfully passing your probation.
Please do not apply if you do not have a British Passport or the right to live and work in the UK. No sponsorship will be offered as part of this position.
To find out more please email your CV to Vanessa.Haddacks@faststream.com.
If you have not been contacted within 10 days of making your application, please understand that you have not been successful this time and we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.