They have recently and successfully diversified into the renewables sector and are working with clients to develop a number of floating wind, wave and tidal energy designs. They have extensive experience of offshore transportation and installation, heavy lift engineering and decommissioning.
They are looking to recruit a Junior Naval Architect with 1-3yrs experience.
Reporting to the Lead Naval Architect, the candidate shall be responsible for developing designs and performing hydrodynamic, hydrostatic, mooring and riser analyses as per Client specifications and Industry standards and regulations, while being proficient in writing technical specifications and design documents.
The role would involve:
- Undertaking the design of turret and spread-moored systems for offshore structures from concept through FEED to detailed design.
- Designing and analysing subsea flexibles (risers, umbilicals and power cables) for deep and shallow water offshore structures.
- Performing intact and damaged stability calculations for floating units.
- Perform hydrodynamic analyses for floating units for Oil & Gas and Renewable industries.
- Writing and checking technical reports
- Representing the Company during offshore campaigns (installation of mooring and riser systems).
- to have a strong technical background with a good understanding of mooring systems
- Report writing skills, a large constituent of the job role is the writing of technical reports and calculation notes to support analytical work carried out.
- Ability to work from their London office at least 2 days per week
- Experience in using the following software’s: OrcaFlex, Ariane, Hydrostar, GHS (in that order)
- Experience in Python language for pre- and post-processing of engineering analyses.
- Work well and effectively, communicate with others at all levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- A general interest in problem solving and the offshore industry
- Good communication skills