An idea of who we are looking for...
- A degree from a Maritime Academy with a bachelor’s in a marine field. Alternatively, a significant technical and educational experience in the maritime domain.
- If you've got a U.S. Coast Guard-issued mariner’s license, that's even better!
- Experience in Safety Management, including preparing and executing internal and external Quality, Environmental, Safety, and Security policies.
- ISM Lead Auditor training or similar
- Familiar with the Nautical System Enterprise (NSE)
- A strong working knowledge of ISO 9000, SOLAS, MARPOL, ISM Code, ISPS Code, Code of Federal Regulations, MTSA, OSHA, OPA ’90, and other regulatory compliance requirements.
- The ability to conduct incident reviews and accident investigations.
- A problem solver with strong analytical skills.
- A team player with excellent communication skills.
- Motivated and are open to travel as necessary.
As the HSSQE Manager you will play a pivotal role in:
- Planning, organizing, and managing all safety, environmental, and quality functions.
- Implementing and enforcing ISM and ISO requirements.
- Developing and executing safety programs.
- Serving as the Alternate Designated Person Ashore.
- Ensuring ISM Code compliance.
- Conducting internal and external audits..
- Reviewing incident, injury, and near miss reports.
- Conducting incident and injury investigations.
- Implementing and overseeing the Management of Change process.
- Ensuring safety statistics are accurate and up to date.
- Training employees on the Safety Environmental Quality Management System.
- Managing the Behavior-Based Safety program.
- Arranging and coordinating emergency drills.
If this could be of interest, please don't hesitate to apply and we will provide you with more details to make sure this position is a great fit for your next career move.