As Head of Yacht Management, you will play an instrumental role in the growth and quality control of the Fort Lauderdale based Yacht Management department. This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious Senior Yacht/Client Manager with exceptional knowledge and experience in the Yachting Industry combined with strong leadership and people management skills to progress into a Head of Yacht Management role in the New Year.
The main objectives of the Head of Yacht Management role is to provide support and an efficient and proactive management service to the Owners, Owners representatives and Captains for their assigned vessels as well as to their extended team of Yacht Managers, Technical Managers and Compliance team.
Key responsibilities of the role are varied and will include the preparation, monitoring and management of annual budgets, working closely with stakeholders both external and internal, ensuring the yachts maintenance is managed, organized and monitored by the team including annual dry dockings, monitoring the yachts certification, budgeting, plus ensuring that vessels adhere to class and flag requirements. It will be your responsibility to ensure that work is completed on time, within budget and kept to company standards. You will also enjoy regular travel to the yachts to conduct inspections and visits.
Candidate minimum requirements.
- US National or Green card holder - no exceptions
- 8 - 10 years’ shoreside Yacht Management experience in an established Yacht Management Company.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Impressive commercial knowledge and negotiating ability
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to contribute to the Yacht Management department’s development and overall strategy.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of maritime regulations and yacht operational processes
- Excellent decision-making ability
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong knowledge of relevant Flag State – specific Policies and Guidance affecting Yacht Operations.
- Up to date knowledge of maritime legislation including marine insurance
- Willingness and ability to look after Owners interests - willingness to lead by example and to go the extra mile
- An excellent communicator who enjoys leading and coordinating a team of high performing direct reports.
- Self-starter with the ability to work autonomously
- Well presented
- Fluent English language skills (written and spoken) and Computer Literacy
- Strong attention to detail, report writing and presentation skills
- Willing and able to travel frequently – as and when required
- Experience sailing in a senior role in the Superyacht sector
- Strong knowledge of ISM, ISM/ISPS auditor experience and or qualification.
- Project Management experience in the Superyacht sector, refits, new builds, dry docks
To find out more please email your CV to Vanessa.Haddacks@faststream.com. If you have not been contacted within 10 days of making your application, please understand that you have not been successful this time and we will keep your details on file for future opportunities. Your application will be treated with the strictest of confidence.