The ideal candidate will be responsible for overseeing the technical management of a growing fleet of vessels using brand new technology, ensuring they operate safely, efficiently, and in compliance with regulations. The successful candidate must have excellent people management and leadership skills, as well as a proven track record of continuous improvement. You will manage and mentor a large team of technical staff, including engineers, Superintendents and other technical specialists and oversee the development and implementation of technical projects, including upgrades, retrofits, and new builds.
The ideal candidate will have:-
- Bachelor's degree in Naval Architecture, Marine Engineering, or a related field.
- Sea going / offshore experience as an Engineer desirable
- Extensive experience in technical management in the shipping industry
- Excellent people management and leadership skills.
- Strong knowledge of international regulations, class rules, and industry standards.
- Proven track record of continuous improvement and cost optimization.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.