As a Field Engineer your main tasks and responsibilities:
- Attending vessels to install, configure and repair systems in the required time.
- Providing support and answering technical enquiries with customers when in attendance on vessels.
- Ensuring that all technical-related inquiries are tracked via CRM and are managed on a day-to-day basis.
- Ensure that all safety regulations, risk assessments and PPE is maintained and adhered to.
- Development of documentation for troubleshooting and knowledgebase.
- Working closely with subcontractors, dealers, and end-user customers for evaluating technical product-related topics
- Hold a bachelor's degree or Equivalent
- Maritime/Satcom experience and certifications (GVF, NMEA, MEI Manufacturer training)
- Maritime or offshore experience
- A good understanding of RF technologies and IT Network troubleshooting skills (DHCP, TCP/IPv4 7 v6, Sub-netting, routing etc.)
- Have strong Mechanical skills and the ability to use hand tools.
- Able to communicate effectively face to face, on the phone and via email in the English language.
- Ability to travel at short notice when required.
- Have strong organisation skills.
- Able to work well in a team and comfortable working alone when required.
- Have strong computer skills including Word, Excel, Outlook, and Google Docs.