This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious HR Manager / ex Chief Purser ready to make the transition shoreside or an established HR Manager looking to make a move.
The main objectives of the role is to
- Manage crew disputes, crew grievances, crew disciplinary processes. Plus associated meetings and communications in line with yachts flag state and Maltese law.
- Development and day-to-day management of the Company’s crew employment department and coordination with the crew recruitment department.
- Assistance with establishment of a crew employment company structure, using dedicated cell companies, to be established in Malta.
- Developing and delivering crew employment services for yachts under management; including screening (qualifications, endorsements, visas, references and sanctions) employment processes (SEA issuance, MEA issuance, crew social security arrangements), payroll payment, crew HR management, crew terminations, etc.
- Arranging and maintaining processes for crew joining/repatriation travel and visas
- Developing and managing the Company’s client crew database/software/website
- Developing and managing the Company’s crew employment and payroll database/software
- Maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of and ensuring company compliance with relevant regulatory issues and requirements effecting crew onboard yachts and relating to yacht crew employment
- Leading crew employment related audits
- Assessing yacht crews training needs and recommended training providers
- Control of crew employment invoicing processes
- Providing line-management to additional crew resources department staff (in due course)
- Developing company procedures and systems to deliver all of the above.
- Daily communication with and maintenance of a professional and collaborative relationship with all stakeholders; yacht managers, technical managers, crew employers, crew recruiters, insurers, classification society, flag state, fiduciary service providers, etc. as directed by the Company
- Consulting assignments as assigned by the Company
- Independent management of administrative tasks and reporting
- Marketing activities and trade show attendance where needed
- Availability for 24/7 yacht emergency incident duty as necessary
- Unlimited support and assistance in a yacht emergency incident situation
- Collaborating effectively with our Brokerage, Chartering and Project staff within the wider group of TWW Companies
- Reporting to Line Manager on all matters of significance
- Vacation and out-of-office cover for the line manager (and visa-versa)
- Additional tasks as requested by the Managing Director
This position offers the successful candidate the opportunity to work ashore with a leading company, enjoy an attractive package and travel. Candidates must possess the existing right to live and work in the UK. No sponsorship will be offered as part of this position. This is an office-based position in the South of England - this is an office based role when not travelling and is not offered as a remote position.
To find out more please email your CV to Joeleen.Rowe@faststream.com. If you have not been contacted within 10 days of making your application, please understand that you have not been successful this time and we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.