- Calculate and analyze claims received and review and counter in the most intelligent manner based on CP and based on standard industry guidelines.
- Liaise and negotiate with Broker, Ship owners for claims, maintain a pro-active approach and endeavor to maximize the savings by countering intelligently
- Effectively manage open demurrage claims in the Claim Management System (CMS) and keep track of growing volumes, be sensitive to any potential snowballing of aging claims and pro-actively work with appropriate business unit representatives to keep track and settle the claims.
- Keep track of all emails and chasers from Owners and attend to them promptly to prevent any escalation.
- Identify exposures to the company and report to Trader & shipping team lead on pending claims that may have adverse impacts on the company
- Compile and report monthly Shipping demurrage report.
- Handle all ad-hoc demurrage inquiries & reports from HQ and/or reporting requirements.
- Maintain smooth relationship with counterparts to maintain company image in the market and facilitate smoother negotiations and claims arrangements.
- Coordinate with Shipping operations & charterers closely and maintain healthy inter & intra-departmental working relationship, work in close co-operation with other trading demurrage team colleagues and cover each other's work scope when on leave.
- Minimum 1-3 years of shipping claims experience with relevant experience in handling Shipping charter party claims preferably with a ship owner or trading house.
- Fresh graduates in Maritime Studies are welcome to apply
- Minimum Degree in Maritime Studies / Relevant discipline
- Possess good written and verbal skills
- Possess knowledge of shipping charterparty clauses, particularly relating to demurrage and laytime.