Silverstream Technologies has successfully developed and deployed a market-leading clean marine technology solution over the last ten years - The Silverstream® System. Our Air Lubrication System (ALS) fundamentally changes the interaction between water and a vessel's hull, creating a carpet of microbubbles that coats the flat bottom of a vessel. As a result, frictional resistance is reduced - dramatically improving a vessel's fuel consumption and associated emissions.
Reporting to the Standardisation Lead Engineer, this key role is to support the translation of Silverstream® Systems delivered as separate projects into a product definition. The context is the standardisation of the Silverstream® System as a Product Family, thus enabling installation in numbers that scale with business intent.
- Take responsibility for health and safety of all aspects of works executed and system solutions defined by the Standardisation team.
- Aids the Standardisation Lead Engineer to maintain existing spreadsheet based document and configuration control tools.
- Develops the Product Breakdown Structure (PBS) and Bill of Materials (BOM)
- Defines the part numbering and document numbering system to be maintained along with the PBS.
- Develops internal workflow documentation.
- Defines the templates to be used for part specifications.
- Develops the specification for a PDM system to manage the workflows.
- Coordination of the addition of further product families into a PDM system.
- Leads the PDM tool selection process
- Identifies and implements the methods to be used to manage to the configuration of the Product.
- Identifies and implements methods to be used to apply Products to Projects whilst maintaining configuration control
- Defines the ECN systems that work with the PDM system
- Provision of assistance to a multi-disciplinary team comprising 6-8 engineers
Skills, Qualifications, Experience and Characteristics
- Excellent organisational skills
- Proven track record of developing relevant solutions in multi-disciplinary engineering teams
- Proven track record in application of configuration control in engineering organisations
- Experience of the integration of engineering tools into wider Enterprise Systems
- Experience of product configuration management across multiple variants is preferable
- Experience with improving the use and integration of configuration and document control toolsets
- Able to demonstrate the coordination of deconstruction of user requirements into system and sub-system requirements and subsequent construct of effective tools for compliance tracking (V&V)
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentational skills
- Ability to multi-task on a variety of projects to strict time scales
- Understands business objectives and can influence stakeholders to meet objectives
- Displays strong interpersonal skills