A trusted mooring solutions partner across the globe who offer a full marine and mooring lifecycle package to the renewables and offshore energy sector. From system design to decommissioning, they are a global service provider of temporary and permanent solutions.
They are looking to develop the Company’s market position and strategic plans for sales & commercial activities including evolving and maintaining customer relationships to increase company revenue by identifying profitable business opportunities and implementing long-term business growth strategies across the energy sector. This role also will have active responsibility in developing further their offshore renewables business unit.
- Lead the overall commercial sales strategy of the business.
- Lead on strategy in how to bring new products and services to the market
- Assist in company preparation of proposals/tender responses being a focal point in the tendering team
- Act as a key member of the team in terms of the transition of the business into the Floating Offshore Wind Sector (lead the development of the sales and execution strategy for this business unit.)
- Evaluate competitors’ products/services to identify the unique features and potential benefits of their products and services.
- Ensure all BD activity adheres to company systems, processes and procedures.
- Identify new areas of growth for the business.
- Improve and develop company CRM system (this role will be the CRM function owner)
- Research emerging trends and recommend new company offerings
- Manage the sales pipeline of the business and report upon this.
- Present business opportunities to company executives and management.
- Ensure quality control standards are being maintained and implement quality control programmes where necessary.
- Represent the company externally e.g.,at networking events, conferences and exhibitions to enhance and strengthen the company’s profile and optimise all business development opportunities.
- Travel to and meeting with key connections as and when required.
Report actual sales vs plans to executive team.
- Analyse the market effectively ensuring companies resources are positioned in the most effective areas.
- Manage the companies short-medium-and long-term sales pipeline.
- A proven track record in a similar role within a Senior Management role.
- Technical understanding of products and services
- Minimum 5 years within the Marine Industry
- Hold a strong business acumen.
- Ability to forecast business activities.
- Adept at negotiating sound business deals
- Demonstrate excellent communication, leadership & problem-solving skills.
- Ability to plan & deliver successful presentations for new business.
- Ability to establish strong business relationships with clients.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Detail-oriented and persuasive.
- Familiarisation with QA/QC systems and procedures, service quality and customer satisfaction
- Experience with Mooring Systems/Solutions
- A relevant engineering degree or experience in an engineering role