Silverstream Technologies has successfully developed and deployed a market-leading clean marine technology solution over the last ten years - The Silverstream® System. Our Air Lubrication System (ALS) fundamentally changes the interaction between water and a vessel's hull, creating a carpet of microbubbles that coats the flat bottom of a vessel. As a result, frictional resistance is reduced - dramatically improving a vessel's fuel consumption and associated emissions.
The Applications Lead - Marine Engineer will provide subject matter expertise to the Silverstream Technologies business in the context of mechanical components and piping systems that are integral to the functioning of ALS in Retrofit and Newbuild Projects. The role will be responsible for marine application engineering activities centred in the UK and involves close work with the other engineering disciplines in both the UK and China.
- Execution and coordination of marine application engineering for live projects.
- Line management of Application Engineers within discipline.
- Support Project Engineers by providing subject matter expertise on mechanical, HVAC and piping design/modifications.
- Develop and maintain a suite of standard project deliverables that articulate the mechanical/piping elements of ALS installation.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of core product definition.
- Co-ordinate and contribute to project design review, HAZID, and FMEA meetings.
- Develop and maintain technical specifications that enable cost effective solutions for all target vessels.
- Attendance at shipyards for assessment of installation progress and overseeing of system commissioning activities.
- Present and share outcomes of engineering activities to the wider company and senior stakeholders.
- Higher Degree in Mechanical/Marine Engineering or a related subject or equivalent industry qualifications (Chief Engineer).
- Chartered Engineering Status is desirable although not essential.
- A minimum of 5 years working in similar roles within the marine industry.
- A clear and demonstratable understanding of marine air compressor design, operation and installation in a marine environment.
- A clear and demonstratable understanding of marine piping systems and ability to calculate pipe system losses, pipe stresses, heat transfer and similar characteristics.
- A clear and demonstratable understanding of marine HVAC systems and ability to calculate air flow needs.
- Experience relating to the oversight and verification of mechanical works executed within a shipyard environment is desirable although not essential.
- Conversant with AutoCAD and/or similar drafting packages. Some experience with 3D modelling (AutoCAD Inventor) is desirable although not essential.
- Work well in a team and have the necessary communication (oral and written) skills to interface with other disciplines.