This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious individual with a maritime background to start or continue a shoreside career with fantastic career progression prospects.
The main objective is to provide guidance to owners & support to vessel Captain & Crew as well as an efficient and proactive management service to the Owners, Owners representatives and Captains for their assigned vessels.
This is an office-based role, and you must have the right to live and work in the USA, ONLY applicants that possess either a valid Green Card or a US Passport will progress through the selection process. No sponsorship is offered as part of the package.
Key responsibilities of the role are varied and can include the preparation of annual budgets, working closely with the Captains and Engineers in ensuring the yachts maintenance is managed, organizing annual dry dockings, monitoring the yachts certification, budgeting, ensuring that vessels adhere to class and flag requirements. It will be your responsibility to ensure that work is completed on time, within budget and kept to company standards. You will also enjoy regular travel to the yachts to conduct inspections and visits. Liaise with vessels & owners as per Management Agreements.
Candidate minimum requirements:
- Experience in the Superyacht Industry
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Good commercial knowledge and negotiating ability
- Excellent decision-making ability
- People Management / Leadership transferrable skills – the ability to oversee, guide and advise a team
- Knowledge of class regulations
- Willingness and ability to look after Owners interests
- Self-starter with the ability to work autonomously
- Well presented
- Fluent English language skills (written and spoken)
- Computer literate and good with technology
- Strong attention to detail, report writing
- Willing and able to travel frequently, as and when required
- Provide a point of contact for Owner/Captain/Crew for 24/7 support. Regular communication with Owners & Captains is required to ensure total client satisfaction is upheld.
- New client setup, implementation of on-board documentation, standards & protocols.
- Implement vessel management software & Safety Management System on-board ISM/mini-ISM vessels and provide guidance to crew.
- Supervise upkeep of vessel certification & paperwork in liaison with Fleet Administrator, Captains & officers.
- Ensure Flag and Class requirements are met and upheld.
- Review regulatory updates and implement as needed into department procedures & documentation.
- Assist with preparation & conduct of company Flag State audits for compliance with regulations (ISM/ISPS/MLC).
- Perform regular audits of vessels software, and on board, to ensure compliance with ISM, ISPS, MLC & relevant regulations. Also to confirm safety & compliance systems are in place, including technical safety audit, and to inspect general condition.
- Visit yachts worldwide to perform on-board internal audits as required by regulations (ISM/ISPS/MLC).
- Assist with development and continual improvement of internal procedures/software tools & vessel management software (BLUE).
- Facilitate handovers between Captains & Heads of Department.
- Work closely with Yacht Account Manager regarding accounting & annual & monthly budgets.
- Work closely with Yacht Account Manager to ensure proper management & approval of invoices.
- Negotiate & control approvals for significant-cost projects in accordance with vessel’s Purchasing Authority.
- Provide technical consultancy support with vessel surveys & shipyard periods.
- Visit yachts and provide Vessel Visit Reports to owner on a regular basis.
- Ensure shipyard/marina agreements are reviewed by insurance.
- Provide support with insurance claim management.
- Corporate liaison with shipyards and vendors to verify and negotiate proposal and contracts, and ensure discounts that can be passed onward to clients.
- Visit shipyards to determine quality of work and condition of yard itself.
- Liaison with sales brokers and Owners regarding operational issues and concerns of Owners.
- Attend industry events, seminars & conferences worldwide as required.
- Experience on-board a Superyacht.
- Strong knowledge of relevant Flag State – specific Policies and Guidance affecting Yacht Operations.
- Up to date knowledge of maritime legislation including marine insurance.
- Strong knowledge of ISM, ISM/ISPS auditor experience and or qualification.
- Project Management experience in the Superyacht sector, refits, new builds, dry docks.
To find out more please email your CV and proof to live and work in the USA to Joeleen.Rowe@faststream.com or apply on line.