The company is an international organisation experiencing a rapid growth phase that is set to continue. This is the right time to join for those who want to grow with a major international organisation. Some European travel and regular interaction with overseas offices is assured.
The role would suit you if you have an FP&A, Cost Controller or Business Controller experience profile.
This position will report to the Director of Finance and Accounting (for whom the role holder will also deputise) and work closely with the Chief Financial Officer.. The role will carry a broad remit across controlling, budgeting/forecasting, and business analysis activities. While not having direct personnel management responsibilities, the position will cooperate closely with the other members of the Finance Department in the UK and with colleagues in Switzerland, Italy, Malta, and elsewhere. The post holder will also play an essential role in supporting major systems upgrades, including an anticipated ERP implementation.
- Leads role in controlling activities focusing on all ship expenses and insurance, and supporting in other areas including fuel and port costs control, working closely with the Group Controlling team.
- Leads and coordinating role in annual budgeting and quarterly forecasting activities.
- Provides departmental analysis for reporting purposes and working with departmental heads and with Cruise Technical Department teams, to control costs;
- Prepares business cases for investments, and conducting post investment analysis;
- Supports monthly, quarterly, and year end closing processes and manage other periodical reporting requirements as required;
- Assists in the preparation of analysis, reports and presentations for UK board meetings, quarterly meetings, etc;
- Works very closely with, supporting, and deputising as appropriate for, the Director of Finance and Accounts;
- Assists with the year end audit, liaising with external auditors and internal auditors where appropriate;
- Supports systems changes and implementation;
- Works with other group personnel with a particular focus on:
- Inventory management and control;
- Working capital
- Strong analytical skills;
- Project management skills;
- Strong financial systems capabilities (ideally SAP and highly proficient in MS Office (especially Excel and also Powerpoint);
- Organisational and leadership skills;
- Knowledge of IFRS;
- Qualified accountant – part qualified will be considered.
- Significant experience with financial planning, analysis, and control;
- Culturally aware and able to operate effectively in an international environment;
- Keen to develop, progress, and take on greater responsibility;
- Strong networking skills and ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders globally is essential;
- Knowledge of shipping and engineering beneficial but not essential;
- Need to have the right to work in the UK and Europe;
- Must be UK based commutable to London offices (some European travel required)