This is an office-based role, and you must have the right to live and work in the USA, ONLY applicants that possess either a valid Green Card or a US Passport will progress through the selection process. No sponsorship is offered as part of the package.
The Technical Manager role is an exciting role and is responsible for providing general operational support for the technical aspects of a designated fleet of approximately ten yachts which includes providing advice and expertise when required. In addition, you will be expected to provide support to other internal departments on technical matters as well as identify and promote technical commercial opportunities.
- Manage Technical Compliance of a designated fleet of yachts assigned to you including carrying out technical inspections onboard
- Provide operational support - to help limit Technical and ISM related defects
- Ensure a complete Planned Maintenance System is in place and in use
- Provide an executive summary on status and forecasts for the technical management of your assigned fleet
- Maintain sound working relationships with the crew and Clients
- Support Client managers and Yacht Accounts managers in budget preparation
The ideal candidate will have:
- Degree in Naval Architecture, Marine Engineering, or Project Management
- Minimum of 3 years' shore-side experience in a management position in the maritime sector and/or Chief Engineer / 2nd Engineer onboard Superyachts
- Fluency in English both written and spoken at a high professional level
- Qualification in auditing prosses and standards i.e. ISM Lead Auditor
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multitask
- A high degree of computer literacy
- Ability to prioritize and complete time sensitive tasks
- A high degree of attention to detail, capable of checking/ recording information accurately
- Strong knowledge of MS Office Suite and planned Maintenace Systems
- Self-motivated, able to solve problems and manage their own time
- Absolute discretion and confidentiality
- Flexibility to travel frequently
- Experience working in a Yacht Management Company in a similar role.
Candidates must have the existing legal status to live and work in the USA.
Please do not apply unless you have a US Passport or a valid Green card - No sponsorship will be offered as part of this position.
To find out more please email your CV to Vanessa.Haddacks@faststream.com.