Silverstream Technologies has successfully developed and deployed a market-leading clean marine technology solution over the last ten years – The Silverstream® System. Our Air Lubrication System (ALS) fundamentally changes the interaction between water and a vessel’s hull, creating a carpet of microbubbles that coats the flat bottom of a vessel. As a result, frictional resistance is reduced – dramatically improving a vessel’s fuel consumption and associated emissions.
The Naval Architect will be responsible for both calculating the Silverstream® System performance for identified vessels, determining the number, position and sizing of Air Release Units (ARU) to be deployed taking into consideration the shape and form of the flat of bottom, associated hull flow lines for combination of trim and drafts associated with the vessel’s targeted operational range, and the structural integration of ARUs within the vessel flat of bottom.
The Naval Architect will be involved in communicating system performance to Sales through provision of performance reports, supporting discussions with Customers (Ship Owners, Operators and Charterers) as required.
The Naval Architect will support the Lead Structural Engineer in technical discussions with Customers (Shipyard, Ship Owners, Operators and Charterers), Design House and Class relating to the structural integration of ARUs.
- Higher Degree in Naval Architecture, mathematics or equivalent engineering subject
- 2-3yrs of industry experience
- A working knowledge of ship resistance and propulsion
- A working knowledge of general ship drawings and information, including GA, Tank Plans, Shell Expansion, Trim and Stability Booklet, Model Test and Sea Trial reports
- A working knowledge of the design of ship structures, understanding of fabrication and detailing for construction
- Knowledge of Class Rules and Regulations associated with structural design and construction of ships
- Competent, and experienced with basic ship structural calculations
- Competent, hands-on computer skills inclusive of creation of technical drawings using CAD