This is a remote work-from-home role but does require the candidate to be based in the UK.
As an LNG Training Instructor your main tasks and responsibilities:
- Delivering training courses either online or at locations worldwide in line with the company's portfolio.
- Taking responsibility for running the training courses, arranging the administration of the quality management systems and Liaising with other staff members were required.
- Updating and maintaining the content of existing courses, ensuring that they are meeting the requirements of the clients.
- Communicate with potential clients and assist in the promotion of the training portfolio.
- Assisting the wider team in the development of the support materials,
- Liaising with Flag States and partnered training centres to achieve recognised or approved status for relevant training courses.
- Working independently, to meet tight deadlines and prioritise workloads accordingly.
- BSc or higher in Marine Engineering or Maritime Operations and Management or Class 1 Deck or Engineering COC (Marine)
- Would be an advantage to have a qualification in education, training or presentation skills issued by a recognised body.
- Must have a good understanding of LNG containment systems and the applications in which they may be used, the equipment fitted on LNG / LPG carriers and vessels using LNG as fuel, and the operations that are conducted on such vessels.
- An understanding of the use of LNG as a fuel would be beneficial.
- A good knowledge of the IGC code, IGF code, and the ICS tanker safety guide. SIGTTO liquefied gas handling principles, SGMF and other related industry publications.
- Strong proficiency in the English language both verbal and written.
- Must have the right to live and work in the UK without restriction.
- Have experience as a Senior officer or Superintendent of an LPG or LNG carrier, experience with other bulk liquid carriers will also be considered.