- Work closely with the Kitchen Steward to accomplish tasks related to inventory, equipment control &
- maintenance, training & re-enforcement and all Public Health Policies.
- Provide the Crew & Officers’ Mess with a selection of pastry and bakery goods for all meals.
- Ensure that regular recipe reviews are conducted & adjusted accordingly and communicate findings to
- the Executive Chef & Corporate Office; make use of daily checklists to monitor production and
- preparation levels.
- Regularly communicate with the provisions team to utilize highly perishable food items and check fresh
- produce chillers, to avoid shortages/wastage during the cruise.
- Ensure that Bakery/Pastry personnel transport their provisions with the correct utensils, countercheck
- daily Storeroom deliveries, for accuracy.
- Assist in conducting the Dinner Service Line, which includes but is not limited to, ensuring smooth and
- efficient service, presentation, and final plating; and tour all outlets during service hours.
- Be present during loadings for quality control and assurance; prepare daily electronic requisitions.
- Ensure that all menus, recipes, methods, and specifications are adhered to, and spot-check all venues
- serving pastries/baked goods daily to ensure that all pastry/bakery outlets & displays are in
- line with the quality & cleanliness of all Public Health Policies.
- Assist the Executive Chef with preparing additional working schedules (Embarkation Day, Special
- Functions, etc.) for Pastry/Bakery personnel; have an in-depth understanding of the working hours
Back to Job Search
6* Luxury Ocean going Cruise Line, requires an experienced executive Pastry Chef, you will have a minimum of 8 years' experience in a similar position within 5* Hospitality and or/restaurant environment and hold advanced pastry and baking skills including chocolate and sugar work. Shipboard experience is desired but not essential for this role.