Our client is a pioneering classification & offshore safety and verification body. They are respected globally for the review of design, construction and operations of ships and offshore assets helping to ensure a safer, sustainable, and more digitialised future. To support their unprecedented growth, they are now recruiting for an Electrical Plan Approval Engineer to join their team in Hamburg.
As an Electrical Plan Approval Engineer, you will work on a wide range of projects; no two days will be the same.
This role is a fantastic opportunity for an Electrical Engineer to join a global company who can provide opportunities for progression as well as a strong salary, pension, holiday allowance, health insurance and hybrid working.
- Examination and approval of shipbuilding documents for electrical engineering and automation in accordance with regulations
- Verification of documents according to international and flag state rules and regulations
- Provide technical advice to producers, shipyards and ship owners in the scope of ship classification
- Evaluation and testing of innovative maritime technologies
- Completed studies in electrical engineering or similar course of study (Dipl.-Ing. or Master)
- Professional experience in the maritime environment desirable (e.g. shipyards, engineer/design office).
- Ideally, knowledge of international regulations for ship safety and classification rules.
- You MUST be an EU citizen.
- Written & spoken German or willingness to enter a language course.