Silverstream Technologies have successfully developed and deployed a market-leading clean marine technology solution over the last ten years. The Air Lubrication System (ALS) fundamentally changes the interaction between water and a vessel's hull, creating a carpet of microbubbles that coats the flat bottom of a vessel. As a result, frictional resistance is reduced - dramatically improving a vessel's fuel consumption and associated emissions.
This key role is to provide Marine Control & Automation (C&A) subject matter expertise to the Silverstream Technologies business. You will be involved in a wide range of activities from developing and maintaining the core control and automation solution, applying it to projects and supporting the in-service fleet.
- Provide technical support and advice to engineering and project teams
- Review & maintain solutions utilised on current and previous projects
- Develop and document the standard core solution for use on future projects
- Maintain core solution and manage releases using robust configuration management
- Support tendering activity by recommending technical solution and costings
- Plan and complete project specific design/configuration (hardware, functions, software, integration), ensuring customer and project requirements are met.
- Degree qualified (electrical, electronic, or automation related subject)
- System integration & on-site commissioning experience
- Experience working on multi-discipline projects
- Design of PLC based machinery control systems including PID regulated devices, sequencing, and event-based control.
- Modernisation and porting of existing functionality to new platforms and/or operating systems as required.
- Network and communications protocols (e.g., Ethernet, Modbus, Profibus, NMEA)
- Knowledge of HMI design and modification following industry best practice.
- Knowledge of PLC Programming on platforms following IEC 61131.