- Regularly inspect Housekeeping areas including Guest Staterooms, public areas, corridors and lockers
- to ensure that these areas are according to company policies and procedures and employee health and
- fire/chemical safety. Any damages/malfunctions found during such inspection must be corrected
- accordingly and reported to the Executive Housekeeper.
- Lead and support a multi-cultural team, maximizing crew satisfaction, productivity and retention.
- Meet with Team Leaders on a daily basis
- Health Policies; manage service according to Guest flow, embarkation & disembarkation, sea da y
- activities & other activities.
- Provide competent leadership to all direct reports. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conducting performance reviews, including discipline as needed, ensuring Maritime Labor Convention
- (MLC) compliance and onboard training, succession planning, crew communication and recognition.
Demonstrates outstanding flexibility: able to work at various times of the day, under pressure and
reflect a positive can-do attitude.
Become knowledgeable and ensure your team are knowledgeable about itinerary-related ports of call,
shore excursions and shipboard activities such as events, entertainment, and programs.
Positively contribute to achieving/succeeding Housekeeping KPI goals (quality & financial).
Have full knowledge about safety & security procedures and can operate in line with all Public Health,
Environmental and Safety & Security Policies; participate in all training concerning onboard training,
safety & security, fire prevention, evacuation exercises as required by the company
Prepare for & participate in all Public Health inspections onboard.