As a Technical Support Engineer your main tasks and responsibilities:
- Promptly responding to technical, operational queries and problems. Finding a suitable resolution either verbally or written.
- Managing administration of service calls ensuring that all jobs are correctly recorded in SAP and any required action is delegated to the correct engineer or department.
- Ensure that engineer's travel requirements are organised with the Field Service Resource Team Leader and all costs are compiled and invoices raised as appropriate.
- Support, assist, cover and occasionally train other members of the Water & Waste Services Dept
- Provide training for customers and personnel from overseas offices if requested.
- Visit sites/vessels to undertake hands-on service work, training, and various service activities
- Provide "out of hours" cover where needed.
- Undertake actions and responses in a timely manner. Act professionally and constructively to deliver a first-class service
- An excellent general mechanical and electrical Marine engineering background with excellent troubleshooting analysis and problem-solving skills
- Excellent understanding of P&ID and mechanical/electrical drawings
- Qualifications as a time served Apprenticeship and an HND / HNC with a Marine Engineering background
- Previous experience and product knowledge is required
- Excellent communications skills verbal and written, self-motivation and demonstrable high customer care standards.
- Current driving valid driving license and passport.
- A willingness to undertake occasional field service work overseas.
- Excellent IT skills including the use of a business ERP System.