As a Technical manager your main tasks and responsibilities:
- Manage the repair of 2-stroke & 4-stroke engines, crankshaft replacement and laser alignment.
- Ensuring that the company's budget and targets are achieved for the engines division while meeting the customer's expectations.
- Enhance technical competence and report writing by developing and executing training plans.
- Holding monthly meetings to support performance and drive technical competencies.
- Ensuring Engines departmental remains strictly in compliance with ISO & OHS, Risk Management or any new management or environmental compliances system to be implemented in the future.
- Ensure operations are professionally managed by allocating engineers/supervisors, monitoring progress, and ensuring that work is carried out on time.
- On occasion independently be able to sound technical advice to customers.
- Design and review technical solution models, carry out market study and due diligence review, as well as conduct technical and operation reviews as and when required.
- To develop and grow the department's services
- Have experience in the management of diesel engines in marine and shore facilities with good techno-commercial skills.
- Experienced in the repair of 2-stroke & 4-stroke engines, crankshaft replacement and laser alignment.
- Hold at least a diploma in Marine/Mechanical Engineering.
- Must have experience in a managerial capacity in the Marine/Offshore/Power generation industry.
- In-depth knowledge and experience with the repair and maintenance of the different types of diesel engines including turbochargers. (High, Medium & Low-speed engines)
- Strong proficiency in the English language both verbal and written and experience with MIS reporting systems.
- Sailing experience in the Merchant Marine.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual with a technical background in 2-stroke & 4-stroke engines, coming from an engine maker or servicing background, in return, they offer an excellent benefits package.