As a Ship Manager, you will manage the day-to-day requirements of two vessels by preparing maintenance and docking specifications, ensure the safe performance of the vessels, as well as ensuring budgetary requirements are monitored and maintained to minimise vessel downtown. These vessels will require regular visits, and you will also manage the ship staff ensuring they maintain high standards of performance on board.
The ideal candidate:
- Class 1 Engineering Unlimited COC / Class 2nd Engineering COC
- Sea going experience as a 2nd of Chief Engineer
- Willingness to transition into a shore-based career
- Shore based experience in a similar role would be desirable but not essential
- Be happy working in a small team with an intense workload
- Have a ‘hands on – lead from the front’ attitude.