As a Service Engineer your main tasks and responsibilities:
- Independently carrying out repairs and maintenance on a variety of different equipment both onshore and offshore.
- Supporting the Senior Engineer in the service and installation of marine electronics
- Carry out any necessary duties that may develop as the business evolves
- This position involves working outdoors and working at heights at times
- A proven background within the marine sector, preferably within an electrical engineering environment.
- A formal qualification in electrics or electronics e.g. HNC/HND level or NVQ3.
- Understanding of Communication systems such as VHF & MF/HF Radio, VSAT and GPS navigation systems.
- Understanding of other vessel systems and their electrical requirements.
- Will require some weekend and out-of-hours work on an ad-hoc basis.
- Will require frequent travel both in the UK and sometimes overseas.
- Must have the ability to work without supervision in an environment where no two days are the same.
- Must be able to work with a small but dynamic team and be flexible to ensure the business succeeds.
- Valid passport and driving license
- Must have the right to work in the UK
What's on offer:
- Competitive salary with overtime and a company bonus scheme.
- Company vehicle.
- Company Pension Scheme.
- Chance to be part of an expanding business and one of the UK’s leading marine electronics and electrical suppliers.