The Electrical Engineering Instructor role will have a particular focus on Crew Resource Management, current and emerging technologies and procedures achieved by training and simulations. In order to achieve and maintain the agreed maritime standards, the role of the Electrical Engineering Instructor is to expand their skill set to suit the training needs of the organisation. This role focuses on training provided to cruise ship officers.
- Delivering training to ship-board technical staff.
- Delivers the course according to the course delivery process.
- Developing courses/new procedures to be implemented on board ships.
- Keeping up to date with current practices and technology.
- Liaises with the Course Administration team and other instructors to ensure everything is prepared prior to start of courses.
- Follows up with underperforming participant process.
- Restores equipment and restores any deficiencies.
- Experience as a Senior Engineer/Superintendent, Senior Electrical Technical Officer, Electrical Technical Officer, Subject Matter Experts (SME) Electrical/Automation Engineering.
- 1st Electrical officer or higher is preferable.
- Experience in teaching/instructing would be an asset.
- Basic knowledge of computers & networks.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Fluent written and verbal English language.
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills.
- Works well in a multi-cultural team.
- Ability to work unassisted.
- Must have Cruise Ship experience to be considered for this role.